Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Scabbing Skin and Fresh Rashes!

White Swan On Blue Water

If I could have spent this time totally in a cool bath I would have! I hated these scabs! I knew they were a good sign and I knew they were protecting the delicate skin underneath but they were so hard, so ugly and I wanted to be rid of them!


Well, they did start gradually dropping off- usually in the bath but occasionally on the sofa or in the bed!! Yuck! We were changing the bed every day and keeping sheets on the sofa to catch the scabs! Well, it wasn't pretty but it was a necessary part of healing- there were just sooo many of them - all up my arms.

I cannot recall how long it took all the scabs to fall off but it took a while. My arms were very stiff and sore and the itching and irritation were terrible so I stayed on the meds. I stopped the steroid tablets though as Doctor only wanted me on a very short course.

I struggled to wear any clothes - I could not wear anything on my arms at all and had to cut up clothes so they were without arms. I felt awful and must have looked terrible!

I tried to stay positive and make fun of what was going on -even though I was really quite worried. Just took one day at a time and tried not to think how long this was taking. I saw the doctor regularly and he is very supportive and helpful.

Anyway eventually they all dropped off and left sore red skin underneath but it looked quite healthy.

Then a strange thing occurred I noticed another rash starting on my elbow and it was spreading up my arm again. It also started on my neck and chest. 

I went to the doctor and he thought it was more of the same but what was it?? Over a few days, it became very sore, very itchy and it got worse....

No comments:

Post a Comment