Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

How To Wash Clothes For Sensitive Or Allergic Skin

view of the sea

Avoid The Allergen...


Clearly  once you know what you are allergic to the trick is to avoid it! However, it is not always that easy. 

When it came to washing clothes I trawled through so many brands of washing powders and liquids yet I could not find one that I can use. I wasted so much money on washing liquids and powders that caused my skin to feel at best itchy and irritated or even started my skin rashing again. We obviously need to wash our clothes so what could we do? 

One alternative was to go back to our grandmother's day and wash in pure soap flakes. So I bought some and they work really well! However, you cannot use these in the washing machine or you have foam everywhere! So I use these for all our delicates and small things but I simply am not prepared to hand wash everything! 


So I started to search for what I can use in the washing machine and we found washer balls... 

There are quite a few varieties but they have similar things in common being- you can use them in the washing machine, they last  a long time so are economical, there is nothing in them I am allergic to and they are better for the environment. 
They were certainly worth a try! 


What Are Wash Balls Like?


In my experience, they work very well on normal loads of washing. Clothes and sheets are clean and fresh.

 Clearly as I avoid all fragrance products I choose the ones with no scent so our clothes no longer come out of the washing machine smelling of the washing powder scent, essentially they just smell-well -clean.

However I have noticed that they are not quite as good as getting rid of major dirt. I now find that if there is gardening dirt or oil etc on clothes it is best to soak them first in soap flakes prior to washing.

However, that is the only downside! 

We no longer have to lug home heavy liquid or powder washing products, it is certainly more economical, saves a LOT of space, are so much better for our environment than pouring detergent down the drain and when we need another its just a case of a few clicks of the mouse!   

Even if I didn't have a skin allergy condition I would now use these type of eco wash balls.  


Surcare Washing Liquid Or Powder


When I use washing Liquid or powder the best one I have found so far that does not irritate my skin is SURCARE. It is something I use when the clothes need a bit more washing, are a little dirtier or for ones I have used gardening or doing dirty jobs.

The conditioner is also very good and in my experience keeps the clothes nice. I do find with Surcare it is better not to use too much in the wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment